Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Duration: 3-6 months to Conversion
Contact Info: Ella Blank - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2414
- The Senior Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization and/or vendors in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) supported as well as an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Support the Development Operations team, documenting Incidents, Root cause Analysis and provide input to Development teams for effective problem resolution
- Participate in data analysis in an effort to solve complex business problems.
- Participate in Change control & Release Governance
- Analyze business partner's operations to understand strengths and weaknesses in order to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Facilitate communication and encourage commitment between business units to align solutions with business strategies.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT and/or vendors from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Work with business partners within one business function to align technology solutions within business strategies.
- Assist Project Managers in development of project plans and use associated project planning tools as needed.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess cost/benefit, efficiency and technical viability of solutions to business problems.
- Serve as project team member for multiple projects as needed.
- Analyze business processes, functions, and procedures to determine most effective business systems software to meet the needs of the organization.
- Establish specifications and objectives based on business requirements and cost effectiveness; provide recommendations to management personnel.
- Collaborate with management in systems development and design.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to understand basic SQL
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills with a wiliness to get into detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Project Management skills
- Working knowledge of cable television operations, processes and billing systems
- Excellent presentation skills with small- to medium-sized groups
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use personal computer & software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Procedural documentation and implementation background
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to quickly identify business problems/opportunities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to define key performance indicators / metrics
- Ability to document, prepare and present data-driven presentations
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Cross-functional management skills
- Knowledge of process and project management
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures