LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in helping us supply our products to a global customer base. In this role, you will act as the subject matter expert (SME) and first-line resource for all the Business Analysts. In addition, you will be responsible for being the primary interface/liaison between business unit(s) and IT to facilitate automation/development of resources for the respective business unit(s). During a typical day, you will function as subject matter expert for key Lead to Cash (L2C) areas.
This position reports to Manager, Business Process Solutions is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and support to Business Analysts as needed.
- Manage and support a specific L2C process area and associated technology which can include any combination of the following: e-Business, Master Data, Pricing, Inventory Planning, Order Management, Reporting, Demand Planning, etc.
- Support the continuing transformation of Supply Chain, Commercial and Supply & Operations Planning areas from regionally customized to globally oriented business processes and tools.
- Act as a main point of contact for managers, stakeholders, programmers, and analysts to facilitate discussions regarding key L2C process areas.
- Act as the conduit through which business priorities and needs are communicated and incorporated within the strategic and tactical action plan for (non-)technical process improvements and ITS related projects.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to regional business stakeholders, maintaining business network internally/externally.
- Responsible for the intake, assessment, implementation and/or disposition of new capability requests from business stakeholders.
- Responsible for improving and innovating business processes based upon a good understanding of the business drivers and external environment.
- Analyze business processes to identify process improvements and system enhancements and translate to change initiatives/projects to deliver better business outcomes.
- Work to create a roadmap for business process solutions supporting the business vision. Link business use cases to innovations, define user requirements, working with your ITS business partner(s), and translate requirements into standardized global processes with supporting tools.
- Represent the business to ITS, promoting the strategic direction, values and requirements of the business.
- Work with L2C process architects, and other enterprise process architects, to map regional process requirements and maintain consistency with the global architecture.
- Create and maintain process documentation, work instructions and project documentation (e.g. project assessment, business requirements, stakeholder analysis, training and testing materials).
- Investigate and solve problems in the ERP system and identify problems in the underlying business processes.
- Develop and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts and test software configurations working with subject matter experts and key users.
- Perform and present cost-benefit analysis on potential solutions, Business Justification.
- Operate with a solution-oriented mindset with regard to process improvements; Assist with change implementation for extended system improvements or other BPSS projects.
- Partner with peers to provide solutions, guidance to resolve business related problems.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years' of manufacturing, supply chain, consultancy, or other relevant, industry related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have at least 10 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Must possess excellent communication (includes across continents as well), organization, and facilitation skills with a focus on results, customer service and change management.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills centered on innovation and problem solving are key for this role.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in business process analysis, process design, implementation and performance management (KPI and benchmarking).
- Able to effectively communicate and manage progress, risks and issues.
- Facilitative leadership and workshop development & management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with extended tools.
- Knowledge of project delivery lifecycles.
- Analytical; able to work independently and as part of a team; strong sense of ownership, responsibility and business awareness; positive, global mindset.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Referral Bonus: $1,500.00
Nearest Major Market: Houston