Job Description: Business Data Analyst I – W2 only please
Location: Denver, CO 80202
Position Type: Contract Role: Initial full-time commitment of 8 weeks. Part-time commitment afterwards for 6 months
Please note that this position will be a mix of working from home and working in the Centennial office. For this position, my client requires a US Citizen. This position is W2, only.
One of our Fortune 500 petroleum services clients , headquartered in Denver a Seeking a Business Data Analyst I from a finance background and experience in Power BI & Excel who must be local to CO.
- Interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions.
- Gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends
- Report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Create spreadsheet of plant instruments that are used for environmental with type, description, P&ID page, PM schedule, PM-ed by, Units of Measure (confirm same units in the field and in the DCS, PI, SCADA, etc.)
- Convert trending spreadsheet to SEEQ
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years' Data mining experience
- 4+ years in a data analyst role
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Highly analytical thinking mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel Skill: Able decipher and create data sheets without needing help (REQUIRED)
- Data Management or Engineering background to be able to understand how to clean data before processing (REQUIRED)
- SQL or basic programming for logic (i.e.. IF, THEN, ELSE, ELSE IF statements). This is so they can interact with PI AF and Power BI (PREFERRED)
- PI Asset Framework, PI Vision, etc. If no prior experience, which is the most likely scenario, we need to coordinate a crash course (PREFERRED)
- Detailed oriented, ability to work remotely with little direction but strong communication skills to get direction from stakeholders
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!