Business Intelligence Analyst - Tableau
Location: South Charlotte
The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst will use their skillset in SQL and reporting tools to generate impactful reports and dashboards. In addition to regular reporting the BI reporting analyst responds to ad-hoc requests for information by asking pertinent, clarifying questions, identifying the relevant data needed to satisfy the request and presenting the information to the requester in a clear and concise manner.
Duties and responsibilities
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, SSRS, Jaspersoft)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations, layouts and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- 2-4 years' experience in using and writing SQL and a deep understanding of relational databases. SQL Server preferred, MySQL an added plus.
- 2-4 years hands-on experience in Tableau (version 10 or higher is preferred). SSRS or Jaspersoft a benefit.
- Exposure with Performance Tuning on Data Sources and Reports/Dashboards
- Proven ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
Category Code: JN008