We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
* Translate business needs to technical specifications
* Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools, data models)
* Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
* Conduct unit testing, data validation and troubleshooting
* Evaluate and improve existing BI architecture and systems
* Collaborate with teams to design, development, analyze and improve data architecture and warehousing approaches
* Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses including query optimization
* Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
* Develop and update technical documentation specifically database contents, mapping between databases and data models
* Minimum 3 years proven experience as a BI Developer
* Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
* In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
* Familiarity with BI technologies (preferably Microsoft Power BI)
* Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
* Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
* BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.