LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The purpose of the job is to support the transformation of the Manufacturing organization from regional/local based processes to a centralized function with globally led processes.
A primary role of the business process specialist is to interface with the sites and other mfg. departments to execute knowledge harvesting and transfer (KH&T) processes utilized to capture and transfer expertise. The role also supports the business architects in the cross-functional role of integrating manufacturing needs with IT solutions and processes. The role delivers efficient and effective end user deliverables to support on-the-job performance support and knowledge transfer in the areas listed.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Support the Mfg. Business Process Architects with knowledge harvesting and transfer to collect business requirements for IT projects, utilize process mapping, and develop deliverables to support the on-the-job performance support for the IT projects
* Work closely with the manufacturing users to utilize IT systems and tools to drive operational excellence
* Coach others on the KH&T skill set utilized to harvest the knowledge for capture and transfer to support expertise knowledge transfer and to support business process improvement
* Develop templates and job-aides to support the KH&T and Business Process Architect responsibilities and collaboration processes
* Design and develop new end user tools that transfer knowledge utilizing creative solutions, including digitization
* Integrate learner's perspectives into knowledge transfer deliverables requirements for the KH&T deliverable design
* Evaluate effectiveness of end user deliverables and support prioritized improvement plans
* Learn best practices in other industries that can add value to our businesses
* High school education required
* Bachelor's degree such as education or business a plus
* Required 10+ years of experience
* 3+ petrochemical experience preferred
* Experience in training and instructional design preferred
* Experience in a learning management system preferred
* Experience designing self-study programs, computer based education, and job-aides
* Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
* Candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to work across many sites and department
* Strong teamwork skills to work within the department and cross-departments
* Must be able to build repour with SME's and end users to build effective relationships needed to harvest and transfer knowledge
* Able to meet deliverable deadlines in a low cost manner
* Strong skill sets in Office 365 products as well as other IT tools
* Demonstrated creative thinking skills to meet the end user needs in the deliverable design
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston