The Business Project Manager (Specialist, Proj Mgmt) will be managing projects from inception to delivery while aligning with the companys strategic goals. The project manager will establish and implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Manage projects from inception to delivery within a matrix organization; manage one or more projects concurrently
- Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization on impacts to project scope, budget and risks; Lead meetings and gain commitment on key project tasks and deliverables
- Prepare standard project artifacts such as project charters, organization charts, business requirements, meeting minutes and lessons learned
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Prepare weekly/monthly reporting on project status highlighting progress, key milestones and relevant issues/risks
- Collaborate with business leadership to ensure project Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) is prepared and project results and metrics are tracked
- Prepare executive level presentations to support monthly steering committee meetings
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, riskand timeline issues appropriately
- Ability to understand business needs and translate these into requirements for IT execution
- Collaborate with IT and the Business to prepare for and execute testing
- Support go live and any post implementation activities
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and group presentation situations to all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of presenting information at various levels to support the audience associate level vs. executive level
- Self-motivated, innovative person with analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas
- Challenges teams to achieve outcomes and to develop themselves while serving as a role model and mentor. Inspires co-workers to pursue excellence. Demonstrates confidence, yet shares credit for accomplishments with Project Teams.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement/change and makes constructive recommendations. Demonstrate political and cultural sensitivity to the organizational issues that arise. Possess strong influence and decision-making skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Business Related Field
- Project Management certification preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience, with at least 3-5 years managing projects including large/complex
- Financial services experience required, leasing experience and process improvement background is a plus
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as: RAID Logs (Risk/Actions/Issue/Decision Logs), project plans, minutes, leading meetings, documenting process flows, etc.
- Working knowledge of the SDLC and change management techniques
- Must be proactive and have solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking capability
- Able to work collaboratively across the organization as well independently with minimal oversight
- Proficient in all of the following: Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio; JIRA and MS Access is a plus.
- Self-motivated, innovative person with analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas.
About our Company - Canon Financial Services, Inc. (CFS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [email protected].
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#LI-KM1 #CFS, #CBKMS