Business System Analyst
Our client is seeking a Business System Analyst to serve as a liaison between the business leaders and IT development teams to develop solutions for business needs.
Responsibilities of the Business System Analyst:
- Collaborate with the business to identify, document, prioritize and communicate business needs.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze, and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Making recommendations for solutions, or improvements, to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/applications.
- Lead product/project discovery, solution definition, requirement elicitation sessions, and walkthroughs.
- For agile delivery projects, define product/project backlogs consisting of Epics, Features, User Stories, and Tasks.
- Produce timely and high-quality work product requirements including specifications, process flows, mock-ups, and wireframes.
- Support testing and protect traceability of the business requirements against the functionality of proposed solutions to ensure it achieves the business's needs.
Requirements of the Business System Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study.
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Analyst or related role.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience with significant involvement in software development.
- Extensive experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting, and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Expertise in modeling/mapping business processes - both as-is and to-be.
- Significant experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experienced in test case development and execution.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio or other BPM tools.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 74270 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.