Location: Morrisville, NC
- Performs research to understand business issues, develops practical cost-effective solutions to problems, and prepares comparative analyses for projects.
- Participates in design review and coordinates with management and stakeholders to understand business requirements.
- Develops strategies, gathers demand, translates demand into high-level scope and requirements documents, and tracks demand through the Computer System lifecycle.
- Gathers and writes requirements and design specifications for large or moderately complex systems.
- Analyzes complex issues with requirements and design.
- Helps to define interaction of data with other systems/databases at PPD or client companies.
- Works with vendors, technical leads, developers, QA testers, validation team members and managers to create and analyze required project documentation.
- Assists in time and resource estimates of requirements and design projects.
- Familiar with the latest developments in related technologies; shares knowledge with team members.
- Firm understanding of system development life cycle and requirements methodology
- Firm understanding of requirement gathering methodologies, for example waterfall, Agile, Spiral, JAD sessions, as well as best practices
- Ability to write use cases
- Firm understanding of different requirement types such as Business, User, Functional, and non-Functional
- Ability to write design specifications for moderately complex systems
- Ability to design test strategy and write test cases for moderately complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to estimate level of effort for small to medium sized projects
- Ability to mentor associate level Business System Analyst team members
- Strong business skills including the following: documentation, presentation, interpersonal, and communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with relational databases at an intermediate level
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!