Business Systems Analyst (Healthcare)
Location: Oakland, CA
6 month contract with potential extension
Please note: This is a w2 contract. US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. The client is unable to sponsor visas.
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in information systems development or implementation with progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities in a large mainframe or client server environment.
- Healthcare experience highly preferred
- Excellence in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools required.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field OR four (4) years' experience in a directly related field.
- Applies technical and business knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as: IT testing and product acceptance, new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality, and operational readiness assessment and others.
- Coordinates cross functional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, work flow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Evaluates existing application products which could address client requirements and develops recommendations where appropriate.
- Develops comprehensive business cases with cost, service, benefit dimensions of proposed IT projects that are used at executive levels for funding and scope decisions. Develops the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Performs knowledge transfer to other staff and may review their work. Conducts analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information. Oversees administrative requirements in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. time reporting, status reporting, etc.)