BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Salary Range: $68,196 - $78,425 - $88,654
Business Systems Analyst 2 Summary:
Business Systems Analyst 2 (BSA 2) serves as a liaison between the business client and IT in order to develop solutions that meet a business need. A BSA 2 works on solutions that are typically low to medium risk and moderate complexity. Under general supervision, a BSA 2 elicits and maintains business requirements, translates business requirements into system requirements, and manages clarifications between business and technical teams.
The BSA 2 uses standard processes to anticipate, document and mitigate discipline risks, issues and assumptions. The BSA 2 delivers moderate risk/moderate complexity projects and releases with minimal guidance, and contributes to these activities on higher complexity project and releases. The BSA 2 role is focused on developing the skill set of a BSA 3 including leadership via mentoring and coaching others, increasing analytical knowledge and skills geared towards higher complexity work, applied subject matter expertise, and business case creation skills. As part of leadership development, the BSA 2 may help coach and mentor less experienced BSAs as well as well participate in recruiting/hiring/onboarding and contributing to the team’s work planning and forecasting efforts.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Serves as a liaison between the business client and IT in order to develop solutions that meet a business need typically of low to medium risk and moderate complexity.
2. Facilitates requirements review sessions with IT peers and business partners for the development and/or enhancement of solutions and/or processes.
3. Maintains and manages requirement content via a variety of means and generates System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) artifacts that may include source-to-destination data mapping, report requirements, legacy system requirements, business requirements, non-functional requirements, etc.
4. Ensures requirement discipline artifacts adhere to SDLC and IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and can be effectively leveraged by other SDLC disciplines.
5. During solution implementations, may provide guidance in the development of user-facing artifacts, defining of supporting procedures and standards, documenting training materials, and/or assisting in training efforts.
6. Performs or assists with defect or incident root cause analysis in support of mid-level severity incidents and problem management processes.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Three years of experience in one of the following: a business analysis, systems analysis, and/or complementary software development role with expertise in requirements management processes and tools.
2. Three years of experience in one or more of the following: analyzing and solving business problems, spotting risks and opportunities for improvement, and/or driving changes that have optimized measurable business results.
3. Three years of experience utilizing verbal and written communication to convey complex concepts and/or technical data to a variety of audiences (e.g. individual contributors, various levels of leadership, technical and non-technical partners).
4. Three years of experience delivering technology solutions within the guidelines of one or more documented Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
5. Three years of experience working individually and as a member of a team to achieve objectives at a vigorous pace, including capabilities such as:
• quickly building domain knowledge through a variety of self-directed learning methods
• consistently organizing, prioritizing, and managing one's own work to meet deadlines
• handling multiple work streams at the same time
6. One or more years of experience providing thought leadership in areas of low to medium complexity, e.g. contributing analytical expertise to their work partners, proactively voicing their opinions, appropriately challenging delivery plans, innovating delivery options, etc.
7. Property & Casualty insurance subject matter expertise is a plus.
8. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate workplace experience.
9. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.