Title: Business Systems Analyst- Executive
Client Location: Minneapolis, MN- Returning onsite
Duration: 2 year Contract
Description: The purpose of this role is to act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements (including translation into functional requirements), problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals.
- Understanding the business processes and the interdependencies of various systems in use.
- Responsible for performing the analysis due to an acquisition. Preferably, candidate will understand and have financial services experience as it relates to the advisor field structure.
- Assist with pre-deal process definition and pipeline management for financial institutions. Analyst must be skilled at organizing a large amount of data and communicating confidently and succinctly to a large and diverse audience.
- They must have proven skills finding linkages through gap analysis. It will be required in the role to both lead meetings and act as a scribe in some project meetings.
- Facilitating interactive discussions with the business unit and technology teams to achieve alignment on defining requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing, documenting, and translating business requirements into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement solutions to meet the business objectives.
- Managing the change control and traceability processes for requirements.
- Collaborating with architects to ensure alignment of requirements with system capabilities.
- Analyzing complex system and system-related problems for the business unit and making recommendations for improvements or new designs.
- Identifying potential solutions for the business and providing input into any risks and issues.
- Creating and implementing test plans (schedule, approach, cases, scripts, and conditions, etc.), including production check out and measuring testing performance results.
- Ensuring the testing environment has sufficient test data to carry out the full test plans.
- Ensuring all quality standards and techniques are followed, including compiling and publishing artifacts and deliverables of the company’s Project Management Methodology using the Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) methods as required.
- Updating/creating user and technical documentation procedures and manuals, operational support documentation, and archival of project documentation.
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues, and potential solution strategies along with providing status updates to the portfolio/project manager and/or senior leadership.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of the processes and systems in use (or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge)
- The ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of all levels across the organization and external partners as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively influencing decision making at various levels of the organizations.
- An attention for detail with the ability to translate for the business or technology to facilitate effective collaboration.
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirement and process tools (e.g., Visio, Provision, DOORS, Client Quality Center, etc.)
- Ability to handle changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and work within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Solid analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
- BA and/or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!