* Analyzes business needs to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
* Design, develop, documents, test or support modification of computer programs and/or systems
* Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
* Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
* Provide oversight and final review of design specification
* Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
* Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives
* Provides input into forecasting and project-planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
* Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements.
* Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
* Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
* Prepare crosswalks for transforming input data to output with application of rules
* Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
* Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties and receives approval on these documents.
* Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly explain the work expectations.
* Clarifies design expectations. Answer business and technical questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve more complex business and technical issues.
* Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as appropriate to determine best solution.
* Provide consultative support for the systems within their product family
* Partner with developers and other IT staff to ensure the design fulfills business and technical requirements
* Responsible for relationship management responsibilities for assigned vendors
* Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting.
* Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures.
* Develops test scenarios & test cases, performs test executions for various system components.
* Prepares complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive coverage of system components and interfaces; provides SME level expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior level analysts.
* Develops and documents vetted contingency plans in case of risks or roadblocks
* Responsible for consensus and relationship building between Business, IT teams and BRMs
* Other duties as assigned