Job Title: Business Systems Analyst Department: Technology Reports To: IT Manager FLSA Status: Exempt Salary Grade: 19 ($67,529 - $71,083 Annually) Revision Date: 12/2020
Are you a motivated and high performing individual who has strong people and organizational skills? Do you have a desire to work at a local business dedicated to meeting the financial needs customers, validating the investment of its shareholders, and investing its time, money, and expertise to support worthy causes throughout Lake and Mendocino Counties? Savings Bank of Mendocino County has proudly been serving the needs of our communities since 1903 and is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Business Systems Analyst in the Technology Department. This position involves working with all bank departments and levels of staff (front line employees to senior executives) to ensure all lines of business benefit from technology investments and receive in a collaborative manner the best advice for new technologies to achieve the banks strategic objectives. The Business Systems Analyst role concentrates on the technical needs of the business and the implementation, maintenance and optimization of technical solutions using a combination of business and technical knowledge. The Business Systems Analyst applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to complete assignments that range from simple to complex. The Business Systems Analyst should be prepared to work with vague requirements that will require consultation with other departments to arrive at solutions that meet business objectives. Working with business partners and IT colleagues, the goal is to arrive at solutions that are highly optimized, reliable and secure. The Business Systems Analyst may be the technical lead on a project or may serve as a consultant to colleagues in other departments, assisting them in understanding and meeting their own technical needs. The Business Systems Analyst should be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy, generally requiring little or no guidance, but operating within the scope of required security and confidentiality. As the Business Systems Analyst develops their skill-set, they are expected to apply knowledge to complete highly complex assignments across multiple departments. The ideal candidate for this position has at least 8 years of experience in a hands-on role in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, who serves the needs of a technically advanced community bank. A successful person in this role is highly accountable, able to build professional working relationships, driven by a sense of urgency, creative and innovative, passionate in all they do, and willing to say what they mean and mean what they say. SBMC is excited to add to our team individuals who embrace technology excellence, seek to wow their customers, and to fulfill the Bank's vision of Investing in the future as your local independent bank, committed to the prosperity of our communities, employees and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gathers functional and business requirements and collaborates with other IT staff, co-workers, and/or vendors to achieve business objectives
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases when new or enhanced business solutions are proposed
- Participates in research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within the organization and if not, whether new solutions are feasible
- Understands, coordinates, tests, and implements/participates in application releases, upgrades, fixes, maintenance, changes, optimizations and provides status updates
- Documents and communicates changes to new or modified functionality
- Provides information and support to training department to facilitate end user use of technical solutions to fulfill business objectives
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5 years of work experience in Information Technology field
- 4 years of work experience as a business systems analyst
- 3 years of work experience as an application administrator
- 3 years of work experience as a business analyst
- 2 years of lead or supervisory experience
- 1 years of work experience as a software developer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Banking, or related field
- 8 years of work experience as a business systems analyst
- Work experience as a data analyst
- Work experience as a database administrator
- Work experience in banking or financial industry
- Work experience in project management
- Depending on the line of business supported, related certifications may be desirable
- Knowledge of 3 or more programming languages (i.e., Structured Query Language (SQL), scripting language(s), AS400 Command Language, etc.)
- Business Analysis: Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their problems and needs. Gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements. Solves business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions.
- Application Administration: Installs, updates, tunes, diagnoses, and maintains business applications. Partners with other IT disciplines to support application operability. Acts as the business' technical liaison with the product/service vendor.
- Programming: Write, test, debug, maintain, or analyze applications or processes, as needed. Be able to discuss program deficiencies and/or enhancements with internal business partners and the product/service vendor.
- Database: Configure database systems for optimal software system performance. Responsible for security enforcement, monitoring performance, and enforcing organizational standards.
- Technical Writing: Create content for technical and instructional manuals, training guides, and assessments. Organize content into a document that can be easily understood.
- Project Management: Responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Communication: Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Engage with stakeholders and understand and respond to their needs. Maintains effective customer relationships.
- Competitive, market-based pay
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision and more
- 401(k) plan with maximum 6% employer match
- Profit Sharing plan
- Generous paid time off plans
- Employee Health and Wellness program
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Career development and training opportunities
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Savings Bank of Mendocino County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selections are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Savings Bank of Mendocino County will consider all qualified applicants for employment and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is set in a quiet, office environment. The position is generally regarded as light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to alternately stand, walk, sit, reach with arms, talk or hear and use hands to write, type, and handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Some driving may be required. Employee must possess the ability to read, write, perform basic math functions, understand basic communication and instructions, carry out instructions, complete basic problem-solving and analyzing of information, and make independent decisions within scope of responsibility. A post-offer physical is not required for this position.