JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: Project Management & Engineering Supervisor
DESCRIPTION: The project engineer provides application feasibility, planning, and coordination support for new order opportunities or sold projects.
- Effectively manage all assigned projects from kick off to customer sign-off and ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Develop project scope (including project engineering- statement of work), budget and schedule as a project is developed.
- Complete site surveys where required.
- Manage projects to maintain and /or improve project profit margin.
- Coordinate and integrate team and individual efforts to build positive professional relationship with clients and associates.
- Effectively manage customer expectations.
- Effectively communicate project status to stake holders.
- Take ownership of any project issues and work to resolve the issues quickly.
- Maintain installation documentation packages throughout the course of a project to ensure effective communication and file retention.
- Monitor project costs to ensure projects are executed cost effectively.
- Ensures that project implementation activities are carried out safely, utilizing environmentally sound methods/ practices, and complying with all applicable internal and external safety and environmental rules/ requirements.
- Consult with functional relationship parties as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise pre-installation, during installation or during the service life of the equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers and take responsibility for their delivery performance.
- Liaise with Credit Department to ensure timely invoicing and payment where applicable.
- Provide timely response to internal and external customers.
- Fully participate in company meetings including department specific meetings.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university and 5+ years of related project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel maybe required: 30-35%.
Read, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents. Respond effectively to inquiries or complaints from Sales, Service, or the customer base. Use clear, concise written communication.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions from the groups with which the functional relationships exist. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, diagrammatic, blueprint or verbal forms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electric shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Engineering & Aerospace