Position Responsibilities :
• Develops, reviews and coordinates documents with suppliers, other disciplines and customers.
• Support Design and Implementation , Verification
and Testing , and Configuration Management of
Plant Installed Software. Primarily, this is limited to the
Basic Process Control System, otherwise known as the
Integrated Control System (ICN) at WTP .
• Support interfaces with other control systems , software acquired with packaged systems, and firmware associated
with plant monitoring and control components Achieves work process improvement and promotes continuous work process improvement.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building,and interpersonal
• BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical , Computer or Electro-Mech engineering w ith one year of releva nt experience ;or MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer or Electro-Mech engineering , or seven years of related experience in lieu of degree.
• Hands on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs .
• Familiar with design of nuclear facilities.
• Experience with process control system software development (PLC, DCS, SCADA , etc.).
• Candidate has excellent written and oral communication abilities along with effective presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of VISIO CADD and/or PDS 2D.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook , Access and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with Control Systems Engineering work processes.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen , physical (if located at the construction site), and background check .
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge.
• Candidate must possess the right to work and remain in the United States w ithout sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience with Software Quality Assurance and Configuration Management.
• Previous DOD or DOE project experience.
• ABB 800xa programming experience.