Title: CAD Design Engineer
Duration : 6+ Months
Location : Southfield, MI
Education : Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Able to Work under minimal supervision, carries out a variety of moderately complex to Complex design assignments, exercising considerable to extensive latitude in the use of initiatives and independent judgment. Prepares sketches or completes detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on product or plant equipment. Works independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience. May supervise lower level drafters on some phases of design.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of work related skill and Knowledge or experience is needed for these occupations. Pipe fitting and header experience. General AutoCAD experience.
• May be required to travel to customer site to assist in the installation / start-up and final machine acceptance.
• Able to modify existing 3D and 2D models for “Kits” and create new designs for simple and intermediate and complex systems. Able to develop Kit Sheet showing before and after.
• AutoCAD and FactroyCAD 2013 or 2016
• Basic understanding of how a robot moves and what joint stops will achieve the desired restricted areas, basic dimensioning skills, organizational skills.
• Coordinate with and consult with Technical Leaders, Project Engineers, Sr. Mechanical Engineers to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
• Good Knowledge of auto assembly strategies, i.e. part flow within an assembly plant / body Shop, vendor coordination (importing Weld Guns, End of Arm Tooling, etc.), work in model space and paper space, basic understanding of how a GEO and Respot Systems function.
• Good understanding of BA GEO and Fixture Tools for Framing, Bodyside Systems and Sub Assembly.
• Knowledge of Installation Risk Assessment, PFMEA, Safety & CE Risk Assessment and MFMEA
• System Layout / Faculty Mechanical Design - skills for Body Assembly, knowledge of FCA (Chrysler) North American standards and specifications
• Understands RIA and OSHA standards regarding robot guarding requirements and control panel placement. Have an understanding of customer specifications (corporate and plant), standards, and local and/or national.
Nice to have:
• Basic tooling stack up and methodology and how it relates to system and tool stack up.
• Dunnage requirements / placement, Various Panel requirements / placement
• Experience designing cable tray and header, requirements / placement. Ex-pipe fitters from the build floor with AutoCAD skillset would be a plus.
• Fencing requirements, per Customer
• Knowledge of CATIA, NX. Pipe fitting / Header experience. Controls drawings for running Header
• Plant safety requirements, Operator interface with Tooling
• Troubleshooting - Determining causes of mechanical errors, working with staff and deciding what to do about it. Understanding of Mechanical Design Sequences / Controls documents to Controls Design.