- This position will be responsible for providing Design support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit.
- Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life.
- We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation, and dissemination.
- We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
- Provide CAD support (Autodesk Inventor) to engineers and other designers.
- Generate new drawings and documentation, as well as modify existing drawings and documentation.
- Manage and control mechanical digital data files and drawings.
- Prepare and incorporate engineering change orders.
- Input data and manage hardware structures in a Product Data Management tool (Vault).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Expert knowledge in 3D parametric CAD modelling and PDM systems.
- Experience with Inventor and Vault highly desirable.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
- Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Previous experience in designing electro-optical and opto-mechanical payloads and sub-systems for aerospace & military defense applications.
- Experience in developing interfaces between spacecraft, payload systems, and sub-assemblies is highly desired.
- Previous experience in supporting the design of space structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, and/or composite structures.
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers.