Job Description: CAD Technician
Location: Irvine, CA
Position Type: 6-Month Contract
- Create, design, and draw facility layouts, manufacturing fixtures and tools, equipment and as built in collaboration with Engineers to support plant operations.
- Update CAD drawings per Engineering Change Requests (ECR) through PDM (Product Data Management) system.
- Modify drawings from sketches and/or marked-up prints for initial release in collaboration with Engineering.
- Manage, review, and update CAD files in accordance to corporate standards and policies to ensure integrity of CAD PDM (Product Data Management) modeling software.
- Convert basic sketches or marked-up prints into engineering drawings utilizing CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks, Creo) in accordance with process and procedures.
- Perform redline reviews (e.g. architectural, mechanical and civil) and update or create drawings, as needed.
- Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries)
- Associates Degree or equivalent 4 years of related experience
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Good computer skills, including usage of CAD (e.g Creo, AutoCAD, CAD PDM) and MS Office Suite; experience in Solid Works preferred
- Experience reading, interpreting, and creating drawings
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English
- Substantial understanding of drafting principles, techniques and procedures
- Moderate ability to utilize 2-D and 3-D CAD software
- Moderate understanding of ASME Y14.5M-1994 drawing standards
- Ability to identify problems and relevant issues in straightforward and more complex situations, assessing using standard procedures
- Ability to read and understand procedures, drawings, schematics and carry out instructions
- Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!