IT Operations CAM Technician
Duration: 6 month contract
The IT Operations CAM Tech is, on a day-to-day basis, responsible for supporting the IT Operations department by performing change / add / move tasks that improve IT efficiencies, facilitate ticket resolution, reduce customer downtime, and help maintain SLA levels.
• Process all new hire computer setups
• Prepare and meet scheduling requirements for delivery of new hire equipment
• Process computers and equipment for terminating employees & contractors
• Evaluate, schedule and perform warranty repairs for returned equipment
• Image, re-image, and prep computers for use based on direction from various IT Operations teams
• Schedule and perform data transfers for re-imaged or upgraded computers
• Provide customer move support
• Identify efficiencies in established processes pertaining to job functionality
• Deliver IT equipment to Sunnyvale ISI office locations.
• Move incoming IT inventory into locked storage, assist with low level asset entry, and maintain organization of inventory room under direction of the inventory team.
• Create IT self-help articles according to process.
• Various other duties and tasks as required by the IT Operations management team.
• Required: Strong communication, scheduling and process skills
• Required: Strong customer service skills
• Preferred: Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and major computer components (desktop, laptop, monitor, keyboard, etc)
• Preferred: Strong knowledge of computer imaging technologies
• Minimum of 2 years of college (related trade school acceptable) or 4+ years of experience in related field(s)
• Able to lift 25+ lbs.
• Able to use a hand truck to move large boxes and/or bulk items.
• Able to provide own transportation (required)
• Subject to background check