NOTE: U.S. Citizens, GC and those authorized to work in the U.S (without Sponsorship) are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to Consider OPT or H1B Visa Candidates for this position.
The Capacity Reporting and Management team provides scheduled and ad-hoc reports of network utilization parameters for consumption by customers. The CAPM Engineer will work directly with the various customers to provide required data used in the day-to-day functioning of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc resource usage reports and analysis for various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Present and interpret the generated reports to clients in meetings for consumption, approval, and recommendations.
- Perform network modeling capacity forecasts using systems and business metrics.
- Work with the various clients to determine the best way to meet their reporting needs.
- Work with project managers to define scoping for various projects.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Report on system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Determine 'Best Practices' with regards to rote reports and implement automation.
- Assist in the development of common reporting methodology and report products for Cisco.
- Proven hands-on reporting and presentation experience.
- Experience with SevOne, WAE, NNMi, SPLUNK, OPNET and NetScout.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Experience assessing network impact of specific applications.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with Modeling, reporting and network analytics software.
- Strong experience with Excel and similar spreadsheet tools.
- Experience with OpNet (RiverBed), WAE or other modelling tools.
- Experience with sniffers and procedures surrounding sniffer traces and analysis.
- Experience with Wide Area Network protocols.
- Experience with Splunk or other log analysis tools.
- Basic Cisco router configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Basic tools troubleshooting experience.
Category Code: JN008