The CCTV/Security Technician is responsible for performing skilled security technician work in the installation, service and repair, alteration, and maintenance of all security related systems to include access control, CCTV, IP Video and alarm/intrusion systems. Resolves immediate operational and/or safety concerns and participates in preventive maintenance programs as directed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs installation & service of access control, intrusion alarm, closed circuit television systems, and other various security related systems.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots systems and performs repairs as necessary.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Requests equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of required items.
- Transports a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) to ensure availability of materials required at job site.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after duty hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- Performs computer program entry as required to add closed circuit television cameras, access control devices, and intrusion alarm systems as needed.
- Coordinates with facilities managers and other trades as needed to complete projects and services efficiently.
- Assists in the development of training programs for employees as requested.
- Informs personnel about procedures and/or status of systems to provide necessary information for making decisions, taking action, or complying with health and safety regulations.