Provide Flight Test Engineer (FTE) expertise to the CH-53K Integrated Test Team (ITT) in the disciplines of flying qualities / flight controls, structures / dynamics, and propulsion / mechanical systems.
Essential Job Functions:
Support System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase testing of the CH-53K to include:
- Flight loads survey,
- Structural demo,
- GAU-21 gunfire,
- Aerial refueling,
- Instrument Meteorological Condition (IMC) certification.
Support test execution from the telemetry room.
Support on-aircraft instrumentation checkouts and participate substantially in test planning, data analysis, and deficiency reporting.
Travel with off-site detachments to Yuma, AZ for hot weather / brownout testing and to LHA / D class ships for sea trials.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 2 years of test engineering experience is required (test experience in school can qualify).
Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance within 6-9 months of hire.
- Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Apply engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.