Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
At Hargray Communications we are looking for people to join our Engineering team who are extremely detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading-edge technology to our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on people who are comfortable working with ever-changing processes and procedures as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion, skills, and dedication to take our Products to the next level. If you like well-defined product sets, answers that can be found quickly, predictability and working in silos, Hargray is not for you. If you want to work for a company that uses the latest technology to manage our diverse platforms and support operational success and fosters an environment where innovative solutions are the key to driving our vision, you might be a great fit for Hargray. We are a customer service-oriented, dynamic company seeking applicants that are strong communicators, enjoy working in face-paced, challenging environments where time flies as you juggle multiple competing priorities.
The CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) Solutions Engineer is responsible for designing advanced voice, video, and data solutions for Hargray’s current and future enterprise business and residential customers. This position works closely with internal Product Managers, Enterprise Sales, Engineering, Service Delivery, Network Operations, and Field Operations teams to ensure solutions are properly configured and deployed. Additional responsibilities include understanding customer needs, mapping those needs to our products, and engineering a suitable technical solution. The ideal candidate for this position will possess expert-level technical knowledge.
This position will be based out in Bluffton, South Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the subject matter expert representing Hargray’s products and services to customers.
- Engineer and validate customer premise equipment solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, SIP, VoIP, PBX/Key systems, modems, residential gateways, access platforms and other network equipment for business and residential customers.
- Create final design examples for implementation by various operational teams.
- Provide input to Hargray training that will support the development of training materials for operational teams.
- Work closely with internal Product Managers, Enterprise Sales, Engineering, Service Delivery, Network Operations, and Field Operations teams to ensure solutions are properly configured and deployed.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings, providing input and suggestions for technical solutions.
- Keep abreast of new products and industry trends through both formal training and independent study.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent knowledge and work experience in the Telecommunications or CATV industry.
- 3+ years in a hands-on data network operations or network engineering role.
- 3+ years in a pre-sales engineering role.
- 3+ years in a customer-facing role.
- Technical certifications from Juniper, Cisco, Microsoft, NEC, Mitel, or other industry-leading vendors.
- Knowledge of IP routing / switching / vlans / subnetting.
- Knowledge of TDM, SIP, VoIP, PBX/Key systems, and other voice technologies.
- Knowledge of hosted and cloud-based services (SD-WAN).
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN, PC, and customer premise equipment.
- Knowledge of IPTV, CATV, RFoG.
- Knowledge of 802.11x.
- Knowledge of Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture.
- Knowledge of network management and security.
- Knowledge of network storage solutions.
- Knowledge of layer 1 through 3 components and architecture.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Winsome personality and the ability to influence others.
- Quick learner and ability to come up to speed on new technologies rapidly.
- Familiarity with modems, residential gateways, access platforms.
- Familiarity with provisioning processes and monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with DHCP and Metro Ethernet setups and configurations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and remotely as needed.
- Knowledge of Wireshark and/or other packet capture tools.