Title: Customer Service Representative I
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA (Starts Remote)
Job Type: 3+ Month (Possible Contract-to-Hire)
**Must be able to start on 12/15**
- Respond to basic telephone, electronic, and written inquiries from dental/vision professionals, groups, subscribers and brokers.
- Communicate basic eligibility, benefits, and claim status.
- Forward specific inquiries as directed for priority resolution.
- Document each customer encounter or resolution in appropriate computer tracking system.
- Expediently access reference materials to analyze and determine appropriate responses to telephone, electronic, and written inquires.
- Identify reports and document system discrepancies.
- Accurately complete online/hardcopy forms and route to appropriate department.
- Meet and maintain production standards, counts, and inquiry response turnaround times.
- Provide support to other departments as directed. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned and participate in training programs.
- One-year customer service experience within a call center or with related heavy customer contact experience (i.e. hospitality, retail, food industry)
- Ability to pass CSR I test (Harver Test)
- High school graduate with diploma or equivalent
- Ability to handle constant customer contact/forced workflow distribution
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to inquiries.
- Ability to continuously meet / exceed department standards
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to absorb and retain detailed information
- Ability to apply reason to evaluate and respond to the needs of each contact
- Detail-oriented; flexibility and creativity. Knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Must be able to work regular overtime as required
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance, punctuality and adhere to scheduled shifts
- PC skills to include basic knowledge of Windows and keyboarding skills to effectively handle inquiries
- Ability to work at a computer up to 7 hours a day. Ability to sit or stand 7.5 hours per day.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Ability to hear voice communications
- Close visual acuity required to read information on computer screens and written documents
- Ability to professionally represent Delta by clearly communicating to our customers in written form
- Ability to speak and understand English clearly to communicate with external/internal customer
- Ability to respond to requests by customers in a professional and positive manner always, including emotional interactions
To Successfully work from Home:
- Must haves: Quiet designated working space, WIFI/High speed internet, Smart phone, laptop/desktop (no MAC or Chrome books), Windows 8 or 10, 2 USB ports, Google Chrome 23 or higher &/or Internet Explorer 7.0 or Higher.
- During Training: Remote during Training period (3-4 weeks - Attendance is mandatory during training).
- After training: it will be expected to work onsite for a 60-day period. If the metrics are met an invite to return to working from home will be given. Metrics must be maintained to continue working from home.