LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Program Manager will implement the CVO Mechanical Integrity strategy for CUI, CUF, Maintenance Paint and other efforts, as assigned. The job holder completes assignments as directed by their Manager which support site, department and team goals. The incumbent may also be responsible for leading a team in an effective manner through influence but without line authority. Nevertheless, the job holder will be responsible for the work of the group (similar to a project manager) and is expected to maintain all lines of communication to ensure success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain a strategy to guide intent, scoping, and execution of assigned program.
- Ensure that scope of work development is completed including estimating manpower, equipment/material fabrication/delivery, execution timelines, and annual budgeting requirements.
- Manage over a $21MM budget. Participate in the annual budget process in a lead capacity for assigned work.
- Host and facilitate the appropriate program steering team, as applicable.
- Determine effective ways to track the progress of the CUI/MPP/CUF scope and work with LyondellBasell management to achieve consensus on tracking methods and reporting timeframes. Develop and implement such reporting.
- Create execution targets based on inspection priorities. Monitor, document, and report on the progress at regular intervals.
- Ensure that appropriate management of contract headcount is in place to accomplish the defined scope of work while adhering to the annual budget.
- Optimize processes as required to effectively utilize contract resources. Recommend actions to maintain optimum performance focusing on defect elimination.
- Ensure KPI's are documented and communicated by the desired timeframe.
- Hold, or participate in, reviews with Operations personnel for alignment on long and short term future work in the production areas.
- Review program needs with CVO maintenance management including planning, scheduling, and execution resources and coordinate alignment for such.
- Ensure that cost control techniques are being effectively utilized including, but not limited to, updating the PO and LE Tools on a monthly basis at the appropriate time, forecast costs, actual costs, and planned v. actual cost variance explanations. Create and present reports on the same at prescribed intervals.
- Performs, or coordinates performance of, fitness for service evaluations per API, ASME or applicable industry guidelines/standards, including level 1 & 2 evaluations per API-579.
BSME with 7 - 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment including program or project development and execution, including financial oversight, along with unit maintenance support of fixed equipment in an operating unit.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston