We are recruiting for CAD Drafters (OSP, Fiber) to draft outside plant telecommunications fiber network drawings and support the Fiber Group drafting team. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing project environment.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Experience using AutoCAD
* Experience in the Outside Plant telecommunications industry
* Experience using Geospatial, Release 14 or higher
* Comfortable with Google Earth, GIS or other mapping applications
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
* Fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant aerial, buried, and underground design
* Knowledge of running line selection, conduit, manholes/handholes, innerduct, microduct, and cable design for copper, fiber optics, and coax
* Knowledge of make-ready engineering and poles
* Understanding of public right-of-way as it pertains to private easements and existing utilities, such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
* Knowledge of state, county, city, and municipality encroachment permits, traffic control and specialty permits (e.g., Caltrans, BLM, UPRR, Forest Service), easement permits, right-of-way permits, and various environmental permits desired.
* Experience creating site plans, permitting and construction drawings, and as-built drawings pertaining to outside fiber
* Knowledge of common telecommunications terminology and familiarity with network civil designs, fiber plant, road, and highway plans
* Familiarity with National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) Standards and utility standards
* Ability to read and interpret construction civil drawings
* Ability to prioritize projects
* Detail oriented and committed to a quality control process and file management systems
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Customer service skills and/or strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Create accurate AutoCAD site, permitting, construction, and as-built drawings for telecom projects utilizing engineering notes, sketches, and/or other drawings
* Source local existing utility drawings, as-builts, and shape files for import to AutoCAD
* Interact with local municipalities, engineers, and construction/maintenance forces to obtain OSP records, ICGS, assessor maps, existing utility information, AIS, and construction prints
* Collect and manage all information required to create quality designs and drawings, from initial survey field notes to final construction drawing submittal
* Organize and maintain revisions of project drawings, plot files, and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner
* Perform other duties as required and assigned
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.