- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, public administration, management or related discipline
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a High school diploma or GED and a minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience in financial or program management, budgeting, engineering or public administration, transportation and/or transit management, project management or a related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years of supervisory level program or project management, budgeting or public administration, transportation and/or transit management, project management experience
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Capital Program Manager is responsible for managing the planning, programming, budgeting, project controls, scheduling, coordination, and oversight of a broad range of projects and programs in the Authority's capital program consistent with organizational goals and planning objectives. The Capital Program Manager further exercises discretion and independent judgment in meeting goals and objectives.
- Ensures optimal integration of projects into the capital plan to achieve the agency's goals utilizing available funding and other resources. Performs long-range planning, leads project and program implementation efforts through project, program and policy development.
- Develops budgets, schedules and forecasts in conjunction with office directors, project managers, planners and others that accurately represent logical, rational processes and outcomes. Monitors, reviews and analyzes progress and the achievement of milestones and stated goals.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for evaluating and monitoring the progress and status of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and other capital programs and projects. Develops reports and reporting procedures that provide for the acquisition and analysis of relevant data, presented in a manner and medium that result in timely, clear, accurate information of high utility. These analyses and reporting processes must include quality control mechanisms that strongly enhance the reliability and accuracy of the information presented.
- Plans and directs the preparation of status reports for the CIP and other capital programs, in coordination with appropriate departments. Including accrual analyses, fiscal adjustments, yearly fiscal operating and capital budgets, staffing levels, and organizational configurations, and assess impacts and results.
- Assists the Director in establishing departmental performance goals, measures, management objectives and reports and provides professional support and guidance to office staff.
- Responsible for advising senior management of the status of all CIP and capital projects, including progress, scheduling and financial status; identifying problem areas as well as recommending solutions to resolve the problems, including the review and initiation of requests for capital reprogramming actions.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.