LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The capital project estimator is responsible for doing the estimates for the capital projects throughout the lifecycle of the projects, starting from the proposal phase up to project closeout, using the different estimating methodologies as application for the different phases in the project execution model. The estimator will report to the project controls manager and will support the different project managers by developing the estimates for their projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Compiling different classes of estimates through the different phases of a project varying from a very rough order of magnitude up to a definitive estimate
* Will produce approximately 100 estimates per year, under $10MM in value (about 70% of estimates less than $1MM)
* Participate / lead the estimate risk and contingency evaluation and related probability analysis activities
* Compile and update various estimate related matrices for the engineering department
* Compile, review and update estimate related procedures and systems
* Participate in soliciting budget quotations and estimates from vendors and contractors as part of the estimating process
* Critical analysis and review of estimates
* Compiling and / or providing inputs into the basis of the estimate documents and estimate compilation plans
* Up keeping of estimate indices and data base
* Administering of requests for estimates and related departing estimate request log
* Evaluation of proposals, quotations and change orders
* Providing support and training to project managers and new members
* Participate in IPA reviews and related estimate benchmark activities
* Participate in audit activities
* B.S. in Engineering or High School Diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of 10 years of capital project estimating experience
* In-depth knowledge of ICARUS / Aspen Tech Capital Cost Estimator
* Knowledge of relevant project implementation models
* Thorough understanding of the estimating processes and methodologies at the different phases in the project lifecycle together with the specific information requirements at each stage
* Extensive Excel and MS Office expertise
* Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel and stakeholders at different levels of engineering, design, maintenance, and management as well as external stakeholders
* Construction field experience, granting the ability to translate construction requirements into assumptions and inputs into the project estimates
* Experience in using Aspen ICARUS / Aspen Capital Cost Estimator software
* Field fabrication and / or construction experience
* Experience in material take-off
* Systematic and procedural
* Good analytical and judgment skills
* Dedicated with strong work ethics, enthusiastic and positive attitude
* Working in a multi-cultural team
* Conflict management and resolution
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and networking skill with the ability to build and maintain relationships in the workplace
* Well-developed initiation, coordination and integration skills
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles