LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate digitization procurement projects/teams within the digitization roadmap to increase efficiencies along the S2P process.
- This role understands Procurement and other business processes, will stay abreast of emerging / disruptive technologies, and is aware of how they could be used within Procurement to exceed enterprise value objectives
- Promotes excellent working relationships with Engineering/Manufacturing/Operations/Site & Major Capital Procurement organizations in the development and execution of sourcing strategies and digitization projects.
- May involve negotiating multi-year/multi-million-dollar expenditures and putting in place national and international agreements.
- Utilizes comprehensive and systematic market analysis for the materials/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company.
- Manages effective internal client and supplier relationships up to the senior level.
ase enter job description here.Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead Procurement digitization projects ensuring clarity of objectives, scope, and focus of digital transformation, including key metrics to communicate progress and barriers.
- Actively partnering with other business functions (IT, Mfg., etc.) to evaluate new technology vendors, service providers, etc.
- Working with business functions to define and align enterprise processes for digitization prior to investing in technology solutions in order to maximize ROI and drive to a global procurement digital capability.
- Material commodities to include under this role may include: mechanical equipment, PVF, electrical/instrumentation/automation, MRO materials/supplies.
- Ensures strategic sourcing is performed following the 7-steps strategic sourcing methodology and driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate the performance level of the sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Maintains focus on added value, lowest total 'life cycle' cost and cost savings. Increased responsibility.
- Maintains relationships with key business and manufacturing partners and key supplier contacts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 8+ years related experience required with a degree (12+ years in lieu of a degree);
- Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes in a commercial environment preferred.
- Experience in establishing commodity/segment strategies and management preferred.
- Experience in implementing digital solutions as value enabler in a commercial setting preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston