LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The IT Category Manager - is responsible for developing, deploying, and managing the procurement strategies for Information Technology (IT) commodities and services required to support company operations. These commodities include hardware (workstations, servers, storage, multi-functional devices, & peripherals), software (infrastructure, ERP, business, security, and manufacturing applications), telecom (Voice, Video, and Network), and Software as a Service (application development, implementation, and support, outsourcing for Help Desks, network monitoring, data center operations, & packaging).
The IT Category Manager may be involved with multi-year/multi-million-dollar expenditures negotiated and contracted utilizing national agreements by buyers. Utilizes comprehensive and systemic market analysis for the goods/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company. This position also manages effective internal and external IT client, stakeholder, and supplier relationships up to the senior level.
This position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes strategic sourcing following the agreed processes and sourcing strategy methodology. Utilizes market analysis and contracting strategies for IT commodities. Promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated with supply and technical compliance.
- Ensures the deployment of strategic IT purchasing plans driven by internal IT client requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate the performance level of the IT sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Maintains focus on added value, lowest total 'life cycle' cost and cost savings.
- Development of reporting personnel and peers through dialogs, skill gap analysis and training.
- Promotes excellent working relationships with internal customers and other supporting organizations.
- Maintains relationships with key IT, business and manufacturing partners and key supplier contacts.
- Ensures that business drivers, departmental goals and measures are aligned.
- Recognized as a leader and an expert in IT segments, commodities and/or categories assigned; providing knowledge and expertise within this area.
- Develops and implements supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for strategic supplier relationship management to grow supply partner relationships, with interfaces to C-level executives, to enable the broadest company strategic aspirations
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 8+ years related experience required with a degree. (IT Procurement, Project Management, Sales or Supply Chain experience)
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to IT purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes in an IT commercial environment preferred.
- Experience in establishing IT commodity/segment strategies and management preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston