LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
- Independently manage raw material sourcing projects with increasing complexity and value.
- Create value by; developing and implementing sourcing strategies, executing function/business specific contracts or agreements and improving related work processes in accordance with the global strategy for raw material chemicals and catalysts.
- Support clients in the business and functional areas related to the category responsibility. Be an active team member with responsibility for various sourcing activities pertaining to running the business and any associated capital projects.
- Executes the sourcing process and is able to effectively source segments and/or commodities with increasing complexity and value.
- Understands strategies for assigned segments or commodities and proactively drives initiatives to meet sourcing objectives.
- Collaborates with R&D, technical managers, manufacturing and business leads to establish long term sourcing strategies for catalysts and priority chemical requirements.
- Develops/improves supply base and generates value through robust supplier relationship management.
- Ensures high ethical and financial control compliance standards are met by the organization.
- Maximizes revenue share and controls cost by responding to audits, surveys, or other information requests from internal and external sources.
- Articulates LYB procurement policies and standards. Encourages and enforces compliance.
- Works collaboratively with the Buyers in the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Develops bid specifications in such a manner that internal customer needs are addressed.
- Demonstrates initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
- Customer Focus, Negotiation and Collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of chemical, or related industry experience in purchasing, customer service, engineering, and/or supply chain is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in SAP and BI is prefrred
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston