LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The Quality Control Lab Chemist will provide technical, operational and analytical support to the quality control lab, production units and business teams for driving improvements to product quality operating process, and the
QC laboratory. The Chemist is responsible in supporting compliance requirements in QC lab for ISO,ASTM and other industry standards. The focus of the position is to ensure the laboratory provides accurate,
reliable and timely data and support to internal and external customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Recommend and set direction for lab HSE, methods, procedures, techniques and technical guidance for Quality Lab.
* Challenge the status quo in lab practices and methods to provide better response and data to the supporting units and business teams.
* Lead efforts on troubleshooting of laboratory issues and ensure calibration and maintenance of equipment.
* Assist operating units in resolving issues through understanding of chemistry, analytical methods and equipment.
* Focal point for operating units and business units to interface with Quality Control Lab.
* Provide technical input and guidance to ensure laboratory support for process troubleshooting, process improvement, and new business development.
* Support business teams to develop testing protocols and methods for new product development., is a technical resource for customer audits in addition to troubleshooting issues on existing productsor feed stocks.
* Provide technical training on laboratory quality systems for laboratory technicians and have involvement in laboratory technician promotion process.
* Develop and maintain industry best practice knowledge and apply to quality control environment.
* Identify opportunities for improvement for laboratory testing and methods and cost reduction.
* Support product quality incident investigation.
BS degree in Chemistry is required.
Minimum requirements are 5 or more years of experience in a refining, petrochemical, or chemical
environment or related industry. Knowledge of manufacturing processes relating to Olefins and Olefins derivatives a plus.
Good working knowledge of leading industry standards such as ISO, ASTM.
Demonstrated IT capability in Microsoft Office Suite.
Good troubleshooting skills and techniques with ability to communicate results.
Ability to work with lab technicians to problem solve, drive improvement, and execute projects.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport