The Chief Information Officer is responsible for managing all aspects of the enterprise support systems for the company. The CIO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper technological support systems, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively meet the IT Operational needs of the company. The CIO will be expected to improve quality, reduce cost, and improve the agility of Enterprise IT across multiple divisions. This role functions as a key member of the Executive Council who must embrace the organization’s values, vision, sense of team and commitment necessary to achieve superior business results within the Company.
- Contributes as a member of the Executive Council and will direct all long-term strategic and ongoing IT Infrastructure and support activities.
- Accountable for creating, gaining approval of and implementing the Enterprise operational IT strategy (back office and support system infrastructure) for the Company. This includes:
- The management of the Company’s Classic IT controls, establishing effective metrics/measurements and review processes, participating in the design/structure of significant systems.
- Identification and execution of opportunities to provide higher quality, nimble technical operations to our workforce at a lower cost.
- Providing strategic direction and objectives for the Enterprise IT Operation which includes implementation and maintenance of associate IT platforms and systems that provide competitive advantage, improve productivity, and provide enhanced customer support.
- Modernization of Enterprise IT to promote cost effective pursuit of corporate objectives, provide faster satisfaction of system needs in an evolving market, and make use of maturing automation technologies for higher quality outputs at a lower cost.
- Oversees the design, development, quality assurance and implementation of all Enterprise Applications for the organization ensuring computer based information systems are meeting the business needs and necessary information security requirements. This includes reporting and business intelligence management as well.
- Reviews and drives the activities of the Help Desk Operations and Enterprise Systems to ensure the users’ needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements
- Directs implementation and execution of new/upgraded enterprise information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Structures, leads, trains, and develops IT staff and IT projects for maximum effectiveness.
- Developing IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency, cost containment and within budgetary constraints.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Negotiates with IT partners and providers to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Proven critical thinker with a strong strategic and business value approach to broad Enterprise IT challenges and technology transformations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of broad business experience ideally and predominantly secured in IT with another progressive public manufacturer, telecommunications equipment and/or high tech software/hardware engineering services company.
- 5+ years of background functioning as a senior executive of a Company, major operating group or subsidiary with accountability for information technology.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The associate is not exposed to weather conditions and noise is quiet to moderate.
The Company’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals in all of its employment programs and decisions. Securus Technologies, Inc., and its Subsidiaries will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.