AIC Talent Solutions is seeking qualified candidates for a Cisco Network Engineer opportunity with our direct client in Louisville, KY. This is a 12 month plus contract role - will work remotely in the Louisville area with travel to the client location in downtown Louisville and/or Simpsonville, KY.
The Network Engineer will be working with the IT IO Data Networking team to provide IT Technical and Compliance support for an enterprise network environment. Network Engineer will be required to design, build, and implement enterprise environments based on specified criteria. Will also assist with network installations of Cisco equipment, updating network documentation and drawings, and provide support for incident tickets. Network Engineer will assist with reviewing and updating procedural documentation as needed.
Network Engineer - Requirements and Capabilities:
- Cisco router/switches/firewalls required.
- DNA Center, Cisco 3850, Cisco 9300, ASR9000, Cisco 9500, Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco FTD or ASA, ISR4000, CGR-2010, Cisco Wireless Controllers and APs
- Palo Alto firewalls
- 5220, 5250, and 5260
- Degree in Information Technology or relevant experience
- 4-5 years with implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of technologies listed above
- Candidate must be able to pass background checks.
- Position could require candidate to work outside of an office environment part of the time.
Network Engineer - Level of Experience:
- Degree in IT and 2+ years of Cisco experience (or 4+ years of Cisco experience if no degree)
Additional Qualifications for Consideration of Network Engineer:
- Security certification and Cisco Security experience a plus.
- Experience using network management/monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and Firemon helpful.
- Palo Alto Firewalls experience desired.