OBXtek is currently staffing for an open position of Citrix Engineer, SME on a Treasury Department contract in Washington, DC. The scope of task is to support the Agency’s Citrix Infrastructure.
The Citrix Engineer role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Citrix Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Citrix Engineer will also provide leadership to peers.
We are seeking a senior-level Citrix Engineer to perform the responsibilities listed below.
- Design, install, configure, and maintain technical infrastructure for the organization. Focus area includes Citrix environment.
- Modify, develop, write, and implement software applications or scripts
- Deploy, engineer, upgrade in Citrix.
- Support and / or install software applications / operating systems.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software.
- Support and / or install network, server, storage, and virtualization infrastructure and supporting software.
Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
Must be a US Citizen and all immediate family members and all members of your household must be US Citizens
- Requires BS in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience, or Masters with 5 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of client software platforms support and various system applications.
- Citrix, XenApp, XenDesktop, and NetScaler understanding and experience.
- For technical engineering support, familiarity with one or all of the following technical environments: servers, storage, networking, or virtualization.
- At least 5 years' Citrix experience
- At least 3 years work experience with Active Directory
- Data backup skills - CommVault, Intelli Snapshot Mgmt, Continuous Data Replication, CommNet
- ForcePoint Trusted Thin Client and Trusted Guard
- Familiarity with one or all the following areas: servers, storage, networking, or certificate administration.
- ForcePoint Trusted Thin Client and Trusted Guard (Not required)
- Should include general Windows administration skills
- Require Citrix Certified Certification – Virtualization (CCP-V) and 5 years relevant experience (OR no certifications and 10 years relevant experience)
- Data backup skills - CommVault, Intelli Snapshot Mgmt, Continuous Data Replication, CommNet (Not required, we currently do not use any of these backup utilities.)
- Adept quick learner.
- Ability to work in an environment where deadlines are critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel: Less than 10%