DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top 'Go-To' Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.Job Description
DLZ Corporation currently has an exciting Civil Engineer – Water/Wastewater opportunity in our Detroit, MI office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform water and wastewater engineering, construction, and design assignments of a complex nature, requiring application of specialized technical expertise performed independent of other personnel; exercise professional judgment in autonomous decisions.
- Periodically assigned a lead role in segments of water and wastewater design projects where engineering work is to be done; directing assigned personnel, meeting cost and time schedules and producing quality results are primary objectives.
- Perform work with little guidance and operate in areas where precedents are not clearly established.
- Perform and direct others in the design of water and wastewater structures, systems and equipment items requiring complicated design concepts and the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Direct engineers and technical support staff in the preparation of plans and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment.
- Prepare reports and conduct studies of new engineering methods, codes, processes and materials. Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, etc.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Coordinate field activities and construction monitoring.
- Perform construction phase activities including bid evaluations and review of Contractor's shop drawing submittal.
- Prepare proposals; establish the scope of work, man-hour requirements and schedules.
- Participate in technical development of personnel assigned to him/her.
- Directing the planning and development of the project scope, procedure, budget and overall project scope.
- Perform marketing and client development
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.