One of the most respected consulting firms in the KC Metro area is looking to expand their team with an experienced, resourceful and organized Civil Engineer. There are also significant opportunities for professional and personal development within the organization. In this mentored role, candidates will perform duties that relate to the design of storm water management systems, utilities, and other site infrastructure. As a Design Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of civil engineering project, therefore gaining more experience.
- Work effectively and professionally with internal team members and external client personnel
- Prioritize project deadlines
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Develop the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Assist with plans for horizontal and vertical alignments on linear transportation projects
- Perform field assessment of existing infrastructure and construction observation
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and modeling
- Assist with site grading and design
- Assist with shop drawings
- Compile and write technical reports
- Assist with permit applications
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation GEOPAK experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software
- 1–2 years of related experience in an engineering environment
- Ability to develop GIS, CAD and data management skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.