Civil Engineer - Portland, OR
The ideal candidate will have the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, assign and evaluate work of designers, with support from project managers.
Job Duties May Include But Are Not Limited To:
* Estimate and budget task-hours for design projects
* Keep the project manager informed of project status, schedules, and issues
* Provide thorough ongoing QA/QC review of deliverables
* Mentor design staff, encouraging them to accomplish personal and professional goals
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, contractors, developers
* Perform and lead design work for civil engineering projects that involve site layout, grading and drainage design, stormwater management, sanitary sewer and water, erosion control, and roadway design. This may include the following with minimal supervision: preparing construction drawings, compiling reports, completing quantity takeoffs and cost estimates, authoring letters and memos, and preparing other associated project deliverables.
* Conduct detailed due diligence regarding design requirements and permitting processes
* Direct coordination with subconsultants, and local, state, and federal agencies
* Obtain permit approvals and track jurisdictional schedule
* Conduct/coordinate construction administration and periodic site visits to monitor quality and work progress
* Attend meetings and coordinate project design/requirements with multi-disciplinary teams and client
* Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Complete/coordinate quality work within budgets and timelines, with support from project manager
* Assist with the hiring, mentoring, and work plan development of team members
* Assist with employee review process
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
* A proven ability to be responsible for all aspects of work within a project team as the project manager
* Ability to work collaboratively within a creative and professional team environment
* Provide technical expertise in reviews, coordination with various discipline leaders, adhere to our QA/QC procedures for projects, and manage project budgets
* Professional Engineering license or on track of earning one
* Experience in the development, management and mentoring of technical staff
* 5 or more years of related civil site (land development) and construction work experience
* A strong interest in mentorship and project management techniques
* Familiarity with local permitting agencies and jurisdictions
* Well-versed in construction methods and inspection
* proficient in AutoCAD and Civil3D, specifically as a design tool
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.