North Haven, CT
1 Year Contract
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems, techniques and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures such as preparing routine solutions and reagents and performing routine reactions.
- Makes and records observations; performs simple calculations; and collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Conducts laboratory support functions such as stocking and distributing supplies and equipment; arranging and dismantling apparatus; and collecting, washing, and storing glassware.
- Performs technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- May analyze compounds and manage corporate compound collection.
- Performs technical procedures in one or more of the following areas: Production, Research and Development, Quality Control/Assurance, and/or Compliance/Environmental.
- Provides technical support in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety, testing, process improvement or product development.
- Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment, or systems.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures, and performs detailed mathematical calculations. For higher levels, may suggest and/or make improvements to optimize work processes.
- Established and productive individual contributor, working under moderate supervision. Performs tests, interprets data, and develops reports.
- Organizational Impact: Performs intermediate technical activities requiring judgment and decision-making.
- Work consists of technical tasks that are typically routine.
- Innovation and Complexity: Technical problems faced are generally routine but may require interpretation of procedures or policies to resolve problems.
- May be required to highlight areas of concerns/problems in own job area.