Job Description: Clinical Project Manager I
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Position Type: 12+ Months
Manages clinical project information to support project teams, LCTs and LCC decision making in collaboration with PMO leadership.
- Responsible for tactical coordination of timelines/budgets for all clinical projects within the COBM
- Ensures integrated resource and budget planning;
- Identifies gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays and challenge assumptions;
- Oversees risk management including critical path, risk assessment, scenario creation and analysis;
- Proposes options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule;
- Compiles and communicates project reports.
- Ensures consistency, transparency and optimization across the COBM portfolio.
- Implements / pulls in best practices to the COBM; fosters continuous improvement by ensuring knowledge, experience exchange.
- Defines, measures and reports key performance indicators for assigned projects, enabling the COBM to measure and improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages meetings to include setting agendas, organizing meeting time and editing meeting minutes.
- BS/BA in science, engineering or business administration OR equivalent combination of education and work experience Specific Project Management training and/or certification preferred
- Problem solving skills and ability to coordinate project related activities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Project and/or Project & Portfolio Management Tool
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to manage projects with activity/milestone achievement to launch the product/project
- Understanding of relevant Clinical Trial Management preferred
- Understanding of relevant Design Control and/or Phased Development processes preferred