The Global Payments Application and Database Operations team is looking for DevOps/Cloud Deployment Engineer who will assist in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the team’s success. These tasks will include the support and design of continuous delivery pipeline applications, various scripting and automation tasks relative to service delivery, and/or platforms support. Other duties will include documentation of applications and standards, general assistance with cloud projects, troubleshooting, and after hours support.
Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production using Jenkins, Puppet and other continuous delivery tools
Configure version control systems ( GIT, Artifactory) in the deployment process
Leverage programming Languages such as Groovy, Python, and Java to create pipelines
Actively monitor and administer the applications and hosting environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes.
Deploy, manage, and support global environments, including troubleshooting of incidents
Help design, architect, and implement new solutions to automate infrastructure to build out systems.
Create solid technical documentation of application and infrastructure environments
Support developers with change requests, uptime, performance, Build and deployment related issues, and access.
Optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
Assist in other production support efforts as needed.
Participate in an on-call support rotation for providing after-hours support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- GCP/Azure cloud certification, preferred, but no required
- Work experience minimum 3-5 years (in a relevant position i.e. Software Engineer, System Administrator, Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, System Engineer, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and system build automation.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and customer base.
- Ability to motivate others to perform above normal expectations.
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must have hands-on experience in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment.
- Experience in designing and building continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Experience in deploying, configuring and working with GCP & Azure cloud platforms
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Strong scripting skills in Groovy, Python, UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience and Understanding of cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting in cloud environment
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
- Strong understanding and Network troubleshooting experience in GCP/Azure is a plus
- Strong understanding of compliance and security in DevOps
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.