The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on development experience using the very latest technology. He or she should be a self-starter who is able to pick up new technologies and implement technology solutions.
The candidate should be highly adaptable and able to work with new technologies in a rapidly changing landscape.
The role will have a strong technology focus, but requires excellent communication skills.
Knowledge / Skills
- Current hands-on software development experience.
- Experience developing front end (UI) components of an application.
- Familiarity with more than one of the following technologies, with deep experience in at least one:
- Java (spring), Scala, Python, Solidity
- Familiarity with professional version control and code deployment frameworks, including:
- Continuous Integration and deployment
- Bamboo/Jenkins, Stash
- Maven scripts
- Change control processes
- Strong knowledge of security frameworks and controls,
- Hands on experience in development in a cloud environment
- Familiarity with using services with standard cloud providers (Azure preferred)
- Experience with developing in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of “cloud ready” application design,
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- API gateways and micro services
- Event frameworks like Kafka
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and tools like Agile, using Jira.
- Domain knowledge in asset management
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, including self-learning and hands-on prototyping.
- Develop and implement proof of concept as well as production ready applications.
- Help with design decisions.
- Test integration of application and services with legacy systems, security solutions, and monitoring tools.
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans for the application.
- Perform support tasks and incident response when needed.
Experience Minimum of 5 years professional experience in leading development teams using emerging and modern technology platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred.