They are also a true DevOps group running in an Agile manner building, owning, and supporting applications from inception to retirement. Every other Friday these engineers participate in ‘Innovation Fridays’ where they get to work on career development in any manner they chose with no planned work to complete or standups to attend. Attached is the job description.
If interested in learning more please reach out! I am also offering a referral bonus should you know anyone looking in your network who has a similar and strong AWS technical background!
Job Req #: 19-09174
Job Description: AWS Cloud Architect/ Developer
Location: Westminster, CO 80234
Job Type: 6 month Contract to Hire
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for supporting common infrastructure service solutions for the enterprise (Web based UI/API's, Java and Ruby services, ElasticSearch, Cloud Foundry, K8s, Rancher, UAA, AWS Aurora, Active-MQ). As a key member of our team you will work with Development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving customer experience. As of today, the team has gone through all their micro service architecture and are now making sure their PaaS can support what is needed and is capable of delivering on our new goals.
You will be playing a central role in migrating our services to AWS using a modernized build and deployments
- Investigate and contribute to solving various issues in production environments.
- Deploy software releases.
- Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to support and deployment processes.
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
- Work with the development teams to improve system quality.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
- Provide configuration management for production applications.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Ability to use a wide variety of cloud services within AWS including, but not limited to:
- Cloud Formation and Code Pipeline
- EC2 and Docker
- Spring Cloud, API Gateway and Lambda
- AWS CodeCommit
- Experience with Open Source Technologies:
- Git or other version control system
- Java micro service management using Spring Boot
- Experience running and maintaining ElasticSearch
- Linux system admin experience
- Familiarity with Agile development process from build through deployment.
- Knowledge of Rancher.
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ or other message brokers.
- Knowledge of Logstash and GROK parsing.
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!