Perform special projects or tasks in a timely manner, as assigned by Team leader or Management. The role requires an understanding of Cloud Technologies and Services, Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and IT Operations based on ITIL Framework. The role's primary focus is to provide build and operations expertise with a high focus on automation in areas such as performance, monitoring, logging, security, backups/HA/DR, compliance, and ensuring the operations processes and standards are maintained in production. Other duties include documentation and service request fulfillment.
* The Cloud Engineer will be part of an engineering team that has a focus on delivering cloud hosted solutions.
* The cloud engineering team manages the design, capacity planning, build, orchestration and operational activities within the Cloud Infrastructure team.
* The Cloud Engineer will be a key contributor on new projects working with development teams on specs and requirements.
* This candidate will actively work with the Cloud Services Team on project design and participate in standardizing the cloud platform.
* Experience with DevOps related automation tools to include, but not limited to: source mg(GIT, CodeCommit); continuous integration (Jenkins, Jarvis), application configuration management (Chef,
Puppet, Ansible) and container management tools ( Docker, AWS ECS)
* Systems administration expertise (Windows, Linux)
* Scripting technologies (Powershell, Bash, Python)
* Enterprise Monitoring Tools for infrastructure and applications
* ITIL Foundations and Intermediate Level Transition, Operations, and Continuous Improvement
* Enterprise ITSM and CMDB Tools
* Data Networks - routing, firewalls, load balancers, DNS
* Databases - relational and NoSQL
* Storage architecture and technologies
* Security - Access Management, Key Management
* Cloud Architectures
* Automation in a cloud environment - Infrastructure as Code, especially using AWS
* SDLC and Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts
* Risk, Security, and Audit compliance
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience supporting web infrastructure running in a Linux and/or Unix environment
* Minimum of 2 years of public cloud experience with a preference of GCP and AWS
* Minimum of 2 year of operational expertise with infrastructure configuration (i.e. Terraform, Chef, etc), change control and source-code management methodologies
* Minimum of 2 years working with Agile based development teams
* Proven expertise in or most of the following:
- Project planning and implementation
- Requirements gathering and system analysis
- Systems integration and implementation
- Project estimation
- Client communications
* Certification as an GCP/AWS SysOps admin or a Devops Engineer a plus
* Experience with containers and Container Management through Kubernetes a plus