Location: Littleton, CO or Cheyenne, WY
Type: Direct Placement/FTE
We're setting our sights on transforming America's wireless mobile industry. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G broadband network from the ground up. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the future.
It's a blank slate — with the potential to foster some of the fastest, most agile technologies ever conceived. Transforming how people and things connect is only the first step.
As part of the Wireless 5G Network Team, the 5G Cloud Native Engineer will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to test, deploy and debug the standalone 5G network. The candidate should bring innovation and strong execution skills to the group, as well as the ability to both teach and work in a team environment. They should possess an in-depth knowledge of Wireless, cellular and WiFi technologies.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain close relationships with internal peers, (Fellow EPC and Network Engineers, Development Engineers, Product Engineers, Security Device Managers, and PMs), as well as the Leadership team. They must possess a mix of broad networking knowledge, virtualized platforms and specific expertise with Mobile Data Networks, as well as strong Customer Relationship Management.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Participate in the investigation of innovative 5G technologies to improve the network virtualization infrastructure.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or three or more years of professional experience
- Cloud Native Architecture
- Demonstrate leadership in implementing DevOPs, CI/CD, SRE
- Demonstrate Unit and system test as a mindset using test automation frameworks
- Expert in Dockers / Kubernetes regarding containers / Microservices principles
- Experience building and releasing Infrastructure-As-Code in a controlled environment with an understanding of full-lifecycle configuration management
- Expertise in writing, debugging and optimizing code, and automating routine tasks
- Experience running systems both in public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as private data centers
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
- Interoperability Testing (IOT) methodologies
- Data Center deployment as required for virtualized platforms
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, SRV6, TCP/IP, ICMP and load balancing
- Leaf-Spine Architectures, ToR (Top of Rack interface), CIQ
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!