Cloud Security Engineer (AWS)
Contract/ Contract to Hire
The Cloud Security Engineer will play a key role on the Cybersecurity team to monitor, investigate, and identify threats in a fortune 200 companies hybrid cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Security Engineer will discover and remediate vulnerabilities for existing systems implemented by internal end users. You will be responsible for AWS security exception reviews, which include: Security Group changes, AWS routing changes, AWS database security, application design modifications, and API security. The Security Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring that appropriate AWS logging is in place for all of the companies AWS environments.
• 5 years of AWS experience specifically in cybersecurity
• BS or MS in Computer Science
• 3 years working with AWS security functions - Security Groups, IAM Roles, KMS, VPCs, S3 Bucket Security, EC2 Security, RDS encryption and security, AWS Logging.
• Knowledge of managing and applying private and public certificates, code signing certificates, Amazon Cert Manager (ACM), and managing PKI environments.
• Basic understanding of forensics, log investigations, and how security incidents work.
• The Engineer will be responsible for AWS security exception reviews, which include: Security Group changes, AWS routing changes, AWS database security, application design modifications, and API security.
• Provide support to applications teams on how to apply certificates appropriately, review certificate renewals and follow-ups, and managing the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) environment
• Responsible for scanning, reporting, and tracking vulnerabilities within our AWS environment using the Nexpose application and integration with the Jira ticketing system.
• Implement role-based access management procedures for new end users
• Maintain best practices in forensics, login investigations, and incident reporting
What's In It For You?
• Working for a well-known, international Fortune 200 company
• Exposure to enterprise cloud environment
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work remote
• Exposure to high-level business professionals in a niche technology group
• Laid back and relaxed work environment
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it's contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That's the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
PLEASE APPLY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.