Cloud Security Engineer
As the Azure Security Engineer, you will be responsible the design and development of innovative security solutions for protecting data deployed into different types of cloud / hybrid-cloud systems. You will directly contribute to the overall enterprise cloud architecture and the delivery of the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications, across Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
If you are looking for a position directly impacting and helping establish the technical direction for cloud initiatives in a global market leading organization, please see qualifications below and apply today!
• 7+ years of information technology and/or information security experience. Ideally technical experience in at least one of the areas listed below:
o 4+ years in systems engineering role supporting public or private clouds
o 4+ years of hands-on technical networking experience such as enterprise-level proxy server and/or firewall implementation or operations. This should include solid knowledge of OSI Model and TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, SFTP, HTTPS)
o 4+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level systems management systems such as SCCM and endpoint engineering
• Recent cloud security experience in the areas listed below:
o 2+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid)
o 2+ years of hands-on technical experience implementing security solutions for leading Cloud service providers e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Compute, etc
o 2+ years of working experience with Virtualization including security for one or more of the following: Compute, Network, Storage, End-point, Application
o 2+ years of working knowledge with Cloud service provider technologies e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Compute, etc..
• Experience with assessment, development and implementation, operationalization and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
• Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
• Experience with CI/CD integration with Container based Microservices platforms.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
• Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout the firm in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions
• Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the TRP environments
• Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development
• Leads training and technical forums, serves as both a formal and informal mentor, and executes other initiatives designed to share knowledge across Enterprise Security and/or Technology teams
• Identifies, recommends, coordinates, and/or conducts informal/formal training sessions to deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools
• Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.