Our client is seeking an experienced, Cloud System Administrator to join their global team. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to work for a dynamic and growing organization!
This is a full time, salaried opportunity in the Folsom area. Interested candidates must be able to participate in on-call rotations for off-hours support and maintenance globally.
- Administer the cloud environment, including performance monitoring, scaling, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- Responsible for all UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers in production, QA, development, and internal environments
- Perform operational support and break/fix resolution
- Routine maintenance and security patching, server hardware and operating system upgrades
- Design, configure, and scale appropriate storage requirements for systems
- Server hardening and vulnerability mitigation
- Work alongisde the architecture team to create and implement designs for the cloud environment, and developers to debug problems within the infrastructure components
- Utilize procedures and standards to ensure operational consistency on a global basis and update documentation as required
- Participate in planning and implementation of environmental changes including version upgrades, updates, and scaling options
- Assist in disaster recovery and business continuity planning and support
- Participate in capacity planning including forecasting of needs for future infrastructure related purchases
- Leads and contributes to the development, maintenance, and usage of patching and deployment task automation (OS, database services, SDN networks such as Open VSwitch or NSX, VSan, or other platform services)
- Work with authentication authorities such as Active Directory, Okta and Ping Identity
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience supporting all stages of the Cloud deployment lifecycle, from development to integration and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of technical operations experience.
- Ability to develop, debug and run UNIX Shell Scripts, and experience in scripting in Python, Ruby, BASH, and/or PowerShell.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (OEL, Redhat, CentOS & Ubuntu)
- Experience with various virtualization technologies including VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with replication, distribution, availability, recovery, and deployment
- Experience with server OS and storage technologies
- Experience in scripting (Python, Ruby, BASH, and/or PowerShell)
- Experience with multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments including OpenStack, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and Google Container Engine
- Knowledge of Dell/Cisco Compute/Converged platforms
- Experience building required automation tools using standard technologies such as Puppet or Chef
- Availability for after hours, weekend work, and travel as needed
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
3+ years of experience supporting all stages of the Cloud deployment lifecycle, from development to integration and operations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of technical operations experience.
Ability to develop, debug and run UNIX Shell Scripts, and experience in scripting in Python, Ruby, BASH, and/or PowerShell.
Extensive knowledge of Linux (OEL, Redhat, CentOS & Ubuntu)
Experience building required automation tools using standard technologies such as Puppet or Chef