Job ID: 20-03920
Title: Cloud VMware Architect
Location: Littleton, CO
Type: Direct Placement
We're setting our sights on transforming America's wireless mobile industry. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G broadband network from the ground up. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the future. Our teams are uniquely positioned to effect change across industries spanning autonomous vehicles, smart communities, health care and agriculture well into the future. We are going to disrupt and change the way people communicate
Specialized in On-Prem architecture, focused on solutions architecture of overall environment. Must be highly skilled and knowledgeable of Cloud-Native services and architectural design. These roles will need to be especially focused on proactive design and cooperative discussions with 3rd party cloud provider's roadmaps.
Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelors in technical/scientific discipline
10+ yrs experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
A successful VMware Systems Architect will have the ability to break down complex problems and implement custom solutions and automate security. They have deep technical experience in virtualization technologies, specifically, this person will have considerable experience with modern VMware architecture design and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
VMware: Designs, administrators, create, deploy, and maintain network and server infrastructure that relies on VMware products such as vCenter, vSphere, vRealize, distributed virtual switches, or vSAN
- Experience with systems analysis & integration, requirements analysis, and process definition and implementation.
- Extremely comfortable working in a *NIX environment, with a preference for deep experience with Debian derivative Linuxes.
- Engages in cooperative discussions with 3rd party cloud providers to incorporate roadmaps.
- Build and install computer infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, servers, and virtual machines, using a VMware environment such as vSphere.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Assessment & Authorization packages under the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- DevOps lifecycle experience.
- Experience working with teams for requirements gathering
- Experience with containerization and deployment at scale technologies. Kubernetes, Docker, Elastic Search, Prometheus, Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible and/or Terraform
- Hands-on experience with SD-WAN, VPN and Cloud networking such as AWS, Azure and GCP are a strong plus
- Other duties as assigned
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!